Directions: Copy the questions from this Web page into
a Word Window. Save the copied questions as a Word document (doc) naming
it questions. Type in your answers into your
Word document. Your instructor will select twenty of these questions
and include them in your final exam.
- How do you start Word if you do not have a desktop shortcut icon
- How can you quickly close Word using something at the top right
hand corner of your screen?
- How can you close a Word document without closing the Word program?
- How do you size a Word window?
- When would you want to have a Word window and a browser window open
at the same time?
- How can you create a shortcut on your Desktop to the Word program?
- How can you number the lines in a Word document?
- How do you turn on a toolbar?
- When would you want to use autotext?
- How can you insert tabs without using a menu?
- Give two reasons for selecting a paragraph
- How do you insert page numbers?
- What is a footer?
- How is a footer different from a header?
- How is a footer similar to a header?
- Why is it generally better spending most of your time working on
a document in Normal rather than Print Layout?
- What are two ways to find a synonym for a word?
- In a document several screens long, how can you quickly find a word?
- If you wrote a long document only to discover that you used the
wrong name several times, how could you correct this mistake?
- When do you right click?
- How can you insert a date in a document and have it updated every
time you re-save the document?\
- How do you size a graphic?
- How can you copy a paragraph from your browser window into your
- If you two toolbars turned on and you only see one, what may be
wrong and how can correct the problem?
- What shortcut combination will allow you to boldface text?
- How can you make a numbered list?
- Tell what WordArt is and then explain how to insert it in your document.
- When do you see a screen tip?
- How can you determine the Word version you have on your computer?
- What is the file extension that identifies a Word document?
- When would you use the Save As command instead of the Save command?
- What is the easiest way to save a file to your A drive?
- When you save a file to a diskette, how can you avoid seeing % in
the file name?
- What does the show/hide button do?
- Why should you use CTRL+S often when working on a document?
- How can you change a page of text into two columns of text.
- How can you select a word by clicking on it? an entire line?
- How can you quickly switch among three opened Word documents?
- How can you insert a special character?
- How can you turn a Word document into a Web page document -- that
is, a document that can uploaded to a webserver and be viewed by a
- How can you put a border around a paragraph?
- What are four kinds of alignment?
- How can you size a window?
- Why would you size a window?
- What are the default margins of Word?
- How can you get a good idea what your document will look like printed
before you actually print it?
- What are three different formats you can use in saving a Word document?
- How is cutting and pasting different from copying and pasting?
- If you accidentally deleted an entire paragraph, how can you get
the paragraph back?
- If you were writing a report on Iraq, how could you quickly access
information on Iraq without leaving your Word document?
- Name two common fonts.
- What is the default location of tab stops?
- What tab icon should be displayed if you are going to use right
- Make a sketch showing what a hanging indent paragraph looks like.
- Draw sketches showing the difference between portrait and landscape
- What is the keyboard shortcut for inserting manual page breaks?
- How could you use Word to help in printing a screen shot of your
document names on a diskette?
- Where can you find templates to help you write certain documents
such as a fax, memos, publications?
- In a long Word document, how can you tell what page you are working
- How could you print only a certain section of your Word document
instead of the entire document?