Friday | Saturday
AM | Saturday PM | Sunday
Sunday, 1 to 5 PM: Focuses on Netscape Composer
- Explain how to plan a site -- to divide it into sections or
webpages. Consider, too, the images you will need, and place
them in a folder from which you can insert the images.
- Show tutorials
for learning how to use Netscape Composer. And where to download
- Show how to access Composer's Wizards and Templates.
- Create a Webpage practicing using Composer. Use the model
page I have created.
- Prepare to do Exercise 10 in the Course Guide. Look at the
old version of Owl
website using nested tables and the new revised
Owl website using three separate tables. The students will
use the second Owl website as their model for doing Exercise
- Open Composer and begin a new webpage.
- Make an Owls folder.
- Create the index.html file in the Owls folder. Use tables
- Make all the links at the top of the page -- links for Home,
Players, Schedule, Coach, Rules, Awards
- Copy the index.html page over and over again, renaming each
page with the extension htm.
- Use various formatting in the different pages including lists,
boldfacing, italics, headings, inserting graphics.
- Show how to use html tools in Composer to make a nested list.
- Uploading all Owl files to Geocities server in a folder called
owls. Be sure to upload images, too, to Geocities.
- Add link to students' main index.html page linking
it to the Owl's index.html page.
- Show Guide
to Evaluating Web Page Design.
- Refer students to information on deleting
their Geocities websites (bottom right hand corner).
- Final Exam, Class Evaluations, Question-Bank
Questions, and submission of class-folders with all the
exercises done during the weekend.
- Optional, miscellaneous material -- from here to the end,
cover this material only if time permits:
| Saturday AM
| Saturday PM